Beaches fringed by the Indian Ocean, hectic but mesmerising cities, marble covered palaces and Kerala’s coconut coastline; holidays in India are a feast for the senses.
The energy and spirit that dances through India comes from the first explosion of patchouli incensed balmy air to the second or third bizarre glimpse of a cow ambling along the road on your wild rickshaw journey into Delhi. There’s that breathtaking first sighting of the pink city of Jaipur and a spectacular sunrise view of the Taj Mahal.
I have lived a long life, and I am proud that I spend the whole of my life in the service of my people. I am only proud of this and nothing else. I shall continue to serve until my last breath, and when I die, I can say, that every drop of my blood will invigorate India and strengthen it.
India holidays are all encompassing – one moment mouth-watering street food in Mumbai, the next a gastronomic feast in Udaipur; one day a cacophony of vibrant market shopping, Hindu temples and sacred statues, another a sedate afternoon cruising the Keralan backwaters. Imagine regal hotels clad in cool marble, cities built by Mughal emperors, undiscovered rural corners where you can share a cup of chai with locals and Rajasthan’s hectic but resplendent cities.
Our hand-picked holidays to India take you on a journey of cultural riches from bold and beautiful sights to smaller pockets of this incredible country. Pop into your local store or give one our Personal Travel Experts a call to start creating your dream India holiday.
- Experience India’s spiritual side on the banks of the River Ganges in Varanasi or the city of temples Madurai
- Seek out Asian elephants, Bengal tigers and other wildlife species in India’s National parks
- The natural landscapes range from the Himalayas in the north to the beaches of Goa and Kovalam and Kerala’s backwaters in the south
- The Golden Triangle – one of the world’s most well-travelled routes – encompasses India’s most visited cities Delhi, Jaipur and Agra
- There’s such a wide range of accommodation in India from historic havelis to sprawling spice plantations allowing you to immerse yourself in authetic Indian culture.
Best time to visit India
- The climate is best from October to November and February to March, when the nights are cool and the days filled with mellow sunshine.
- Delhi is hottest May to July (up to 42°C), however prices are lower and sights can be quieter.
- Most of the rain falls between July and September.
South and Central India
- Peak season is during the winter months from November to February, when temperatures range from 23°C to 30°C.
- Monsoon season is between May and October in Goa and from June to August in Kerala.
- Summer temperatures aren’t as high as in northern India, although humidity is extreme.
- The coast benefits from some cooling breezes.
05/09/2018 at 08:59
Trip to Assam and Nagaland, Hornbill Festival, Kaziranga and Majuli, 11 th Jan, 2012 : Hello, Raj. . Hope all is well in you guys. Thanks for organizing the tour to Hornbill festival and Assam part with Kaziranga NP and Majuli river island. My photography was superb and got every steps of the tour. Thanks again for smooth arrangement of the tour.